Mtg@Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch Your Stuff At Manteca AND Mono-Blue Beats

Go down

Watch Your Stuff At Manteca AND Mono-Blue Beats Empty Watch Your Stuff At Manteca AND Mono-Blue Beats

Post  Chad Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:15 pm

Tonight was a half-decent night. I've realized I either have to commit heavily to mono-white or white/green or switch colors totally. And I think I'm going to switch fully. Also tonight at Manteca, two cards or more... I have to check my binder, were stolen from me straight out of my box/binder. Lost myself a Memory Adept and a Surgical. While the Adept is a loss, I do have an extra Surgical so its a meh moment. Teaches me to keep my stuff close.

Onto the deck.

4 Phantasmal Bears
4 Lord of the Unreal
4 Grand Architect
4 Mana Leak
3 Disperse
4 Phantasmal Dragon
3 Ponder
3 Adaptive Automaton
2 Trinket Mage
3 Phantasmal Image
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
3 Memnite

38 Cards + 22 Land (Maybe 36/24?)

Sideboard:
4 Hex Parasite
2 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Memnite
1 Ponder
2 Trinket Mages
1 Disperse
1 Adaptive Automaton
3 Ratchet Bomb

I have trinket mages in there for creature nabbing (Memnite) so its a 2 for one basically. What other artifacts are wise I'm thinking Signal Pest may work here instead of Memnite but I'll playtest.

Now here is where I encounter a problem, what in the world do I put in next? I plan to run 22-24 lands. Straight Mono-Blue, or should I splash white for Oblivion-Ring and Moorland Haunt, and possibly gideon?

Need some help, my lack of knowledge of Mirrodin really is a hindrance.

Chad

Back to top Go down

Watch Your Stuff At Manteca AND Mono-Blue Beats Empty Re: Watch Your Stuff At Manteca AND Mono-Blue Beats

Post  Chad Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Playtesting against my WW deck, I did half-decent. There are some kinks to work out but overall the deck seems fast enough. The right hand can produce creatures to kill on turn 4, the wrong hand can slow the deck down to like turn 6-7 which is perfectly fine for me. Ponder is crucial when drawing into Phantasmal Images etc etc.

Trinket Mage is fun, giving me memnite to work with but I would replace it... Still no clue with what.

Overall I need to work with it more. But some early observations from playing my WW

Chad

Back to top Go down

Watch Your Stuff At Manteca AND Mono-Blue Beats Empty Re: Watch Your Stuff At Manteca AND Mono-Blue Beats

Post  Chad Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:09 pm

4 Phantasmal Bears
4 Lord of the Unreal
4 Grand Architect
3 Mana Leak
3 Disperse
3 Phantasmal Dragon
3 Ponder
3 Adaptive Automaton
2 Trinket Mage
3 Phantasmal Image
3 Memnite
2 Spellskite

37 Cards + 23 Land

Sideboard:
4 Hex Parasite
2 Spellskite
1 Memnite
1 Ponder
2 Trinket Mages
1 Disperse
1 Adaptive Automaton
3 Ratchet Bomb

Updated list.

Chad

Back to top Go down

Post  Chad Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:41 pm

4 Phantasmal Bears
4 Lord of the Unreal
4 Grand Architect
4 Mana Leak
3 Disperse
4 Phantasmal Dragon
4 Ponder
4 Adaptive Automaton
4 Phantasmal Image
3 Spellskite

38 Cards + 22 Land

Sideboard:
4 Hex Parasite
3 Ratchet Bomb
4 Trinket Mage
4 Memnite

Modified list, Sideboard is just there as a placeholder or simple idea, right now it seems like planeswalker hate for the sideboard buuut I dunno.

Its coming along nicely in my opinion.

Chad

Back to top Go down

Post  Chad Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:01 pm

4x Grand Architect
4x Lord of the Unreal
4x Phantasmal Bear
3x Phantasmal Dragon
4x Phantasmal Image
4x Phyrexian Metamorph
1x Steel Hellkite
4x Treasure Mage
1x Wurmcoil Engine
4x Buried Ruin
18x Island
1x Contagion Engine
1x Mindslaver
4x Ponder
3x Disperse

Chad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down