Mtg@Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dude is anyone keeping up with the worlds coverage

2 posters

Go down

Dude is anyone keeping up with the worlds coverage Empty Dude is anyone keeping up with the worlds coverage

Post  AngryJason Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:35 pm

i can't belive this player of the year race.... and i also wanna say that thank channel fireball for playing tempered steel. That deck sucks. so standard should be easier to understand lol. heres my analysis(rember this is all pure speculation on, and under the assumption that TS[tempered steel] will see some notable metagame share increase)

UB black is gonna be too slow TS is just faster i think (don't get mad marcus)
esper control (soloarflare/ whatever it is) will be the better control shell if they utilize liliana

RDW will get better. almost as fast but more removal(burn) than TS not sure about the control match up.

also im not sure about how RDW and Monobluedelver.dec interact blue may be faster but red might more answers(burn)...

i not really aware any viable established combo deck

i also think pod losses a little bit of gas if intelligent mages bring artifact hate. but its still very resilient and complex who knows

umm i think other things might happen. and i know i haven't acknowledged all the decks but w/e

AngryJason
AngryJason

Back to top Go down

Dude is anyone keeping up with the worlds coverage Empty Re: Dude is anyone keeping up with the worlds coverage

Post  Jason-admin Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:18 am

i followed it like crazy at the hospital. I've made a ton of notes lol....

1) U/b is just to slow, and not busy enough; yet if you want to run it 3-4 wring flesh / dismember need to be in your 75 in addition to your doom blades. all in all, one for one your oppentent to death is just a hard sell atm.

2) sadly channelfireball broke the meta but not the format (no caw blade deck), t-steel is an easily hated out deck and sadly everyone gonna pack the hate for awhile now. although nice call by them, i would have never beat money on them playing the deck, but it does everything you need to do in this format till 4x ancient grudge come in..plus inferno titan, devil's play, and slagstorm are all coming back in for wolf run....which = trouble for t-steel as u/b and wolf run were its two best match ups

3) with that said i think solar flare is position to come back now, if it ever left, but with that means rdw is back and wolf run on top (imo those are prolly the best triangle of the format as long as people stop playing cute with those decks)

4) As i said in like the first week of rotation having a tuned deck with a game plan to win and a game plan to stop other people from stopping you is your best deck.

5) ulitmatly i think i like were solar flare is positioned in the meta, has all the tools to fight off everything and isn't looking to one for oneing your oppenent but to play almost a graveyard control but can go casting mode if your oppenent is on the remove graveyards plan. i know i beat a dead horse on this, but i just really feel its the best control deck. its u/b but with a huge comeback ablity lol. day is just to nice

6) delver while a fun deck, is just so hard to win if you miss t1 delver been testing it alot, aaron wants to play it at fnm this week and maybe the gpt and granted it hits hard and fast but against aggro it sometimes just burns out to quick. best delver builds (idk about mono blue) but u/r have about 6-8 one drops that are aggressive + 2-3 grim lavamaner , lava man + snapcaster mage we found out can work together if you know what your game plan is, alot of the time lavaman just removes already deck creatures.

7) ghost quater is a nessiary evil in the meta - moorland haunt, drownyard, township, and wolf run are all in the format and need answers.

Cool still kinda like my bloodline keeper tech at least until rdw becomes big again...than maybe not so much as bloodline keeper -> incinerate eot -> koth is kinda gg. but other than that he beats u/b (flare) mirror requires doj , beats t-steel, pod, tokens, wolf run, rdw (unless they have incinerate in hand), haunted humans, mono black infect, and mono blue delver that is alot of decks, and nothing i saw from worlds really seems to add to the list of his bad match ups, maybe grixis control.

9)i wanta play modern....counter cat looks sweet, jund is cool too...need gofy...lolz....

10) im sad its the last worlds, i really wish i could of gone but hopefully they will replace it with something else.

anyways thats my observations from watching worlds while sitting here in the hospital waiting room.
Jason-admin
Jason-admin
Admin

https://mtgkings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dude is anyone keeping up with the worlds coverage Empty Re: Dude is anyone keeping up with the worlds coverage

Post  AngryJason Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:50 pm

i wanna play modern too counter cat does look cool but the mana base is ridiculous and super expensive
AngryJason
AngryJason

Back to top Go down

Post  AngryJason Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:55 pm

also don't underestimate Mono U delver it pretty fast and take a fair amount of skill to win with as far as U/R it may actually be better like you pointed out more one drops... but i think more importantly the burn give you extra reach and probably a little more resiliency i'm just not just it rewards tight play as much as mono U... i've found it Jason a thinking mans aggro lol
AngryJason
AngryJason

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason-admin Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:00 pm

im sure you will be playing it shortly too lol... i will be testing the u/r verison for gpt, idk how much thinking is involved other than what hands to mull or keep. anything without a one drop is auto mull...anything with a one drop, mana leak, island, mountain = auto keep...that much i've worked out everything in between...not sure
Jason-admin
Jason-admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AngryJason Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:02 pm

i already am and it because the u/r is less thinky mono has a lot to think about trust me
AngryJason
AngryJason

Back to top Go down

Post  AngryJason Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:03 pm

i mean less than solar flare or u/b maybe but quite a bit for a turn guys sideways kind of affair... you just have to keep your tempo ahead of them
AngryJason
AngryJason

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason-admin Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:07 pm

says the guy who think red deck has a decision tree...mono blue seems weird to me running so many creatures + delver seems bad =/
Jason-admin
Jason-admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AngryJason Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:40 pm

don't worry i'll teach you lol
AngryJason
AngryJason

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down