Mtg@Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Control going downhill?

3 posters

Go down

Control going downhill? Empty Control going downhill?

Post  Marcus Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:14 am

Ive been heavily thinking about our current meta and imo the 2 best decks are Haunted Humans and GR Wolf Run, followed by UW Delver and Esper Control. As a control player I feel that control as a whole is missing something that it needs to compete with those top 2 decks I listed before. If we tune for Wolf Run we lose to Humans and vise versa. But the other decks can hold their own against every deck. What is control missing? Spell Pierce, Demonic Tutur, Swords to Plowshires? Pst your ideas.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Control going downhill? Empty Re: Control going downhill?

Post  Marcus Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:33 am

Meddling Mage would be an awesome creature to come back. btw

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Control really is fine right now. If you really want to beat WRR and Humans, tune a main deck to beat Humans, and just have some good board stuff against Primeval Titan. The thing I have noticed with control decks right now, is that it comes down to us not having a good draw spell. All of the ones in Standard are terrible. Preordain or Brainstorm or a way to consistently and cheaply shuffle Ponders, is what we need. Desperate Ravings is probably the closest we have to a good draw spell. It is pretty decent, but it hurts that we only have Snapcaster as our only thing to play out of our graveyard right now. As soon as we get a decent draw spell, UB, UW, and Esper decks will probably do a lot better.

Also, we don't have anything outside of Feast and Famine that generates a consistent card-advantage engine, as far as I know of. Anything you can think of? That hurts too....
Nate
Nate

https://www.facebook.com/nate.polson1

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason-admin Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:00 pm

no, but as control you will have to work 2x harder than everyone else and will only see about 1/2 the results haha. Also meddling mage would be a horrible card in this format, its a anti combo card and we have 0 combos.
Jason-admin
Jason-admin
Admin

https://mtgkings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down