Mtg@Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Ascension!

4 posters

Go down

Dark Ascension! Empty Dark Ascension!

Post  dcalrokundess Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Hey all!

Just wanted to see which cards y'all are excited about from the Dark Ascension spoilers! Personally, I really like Havengul Lich
Havengul Lich 3UB
Creature - Zombie Wizard
1: You many cast target creature card from a graveyard this turn. When you cast that card this turn, Havengul Lich gains all activated abilities of that card until end of turn.
4/4

and I feel like Thalia, Guardian of Thraben is going to make me want to drive bulldozers into piles of flaming garbage.

Thalia, Guardian of Thraben 1W
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
First Strike
Noncreature spells cost 1 more to cast.
2/1

dcalrokundess

Back to top Go down

Dark Ascension! Empty Re: Dark Ascension!

Post  dcalrokundess Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Just wanted to bring this up from something I read in another forum. Havengul Lish + Heartless Summoning + Priest of Urabrask for infinite mana. Credit to onewheelwizzard from MTGsalvation.

dcalrokundess

Back to top Go down

Post  pwner1 Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Nothing really struck me as being too crazy until the Vault of the Archangel.

Great card.

pwner1

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:05 pm

BR vamps are gonna be amazing the creatures are all amazingly good and the colors have a lot of tools to work with.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  pwner1 Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Yea with 100 cards left to release - vampires, werewolves, and zombies could all potentially be viable.

Clearly black white tokens or weenie undying aggro will be a valid archetype at this point.

pwner1

Back to top Go down

Post  dcalrokundess Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:54 pm

I dig, guys. I'm leaning towards a UB zombie list, myself. They seem to be giving zombies quite the push as well.

dcalrokundess

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason-admin Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:42 pm

im kinda disappointed about DKA, i like it in someways but the fact there are only 5 cards worth more than 5+ dollars is sad. I mean the set hasn't even come out yet and it is already a bad set to pick as prizes after winning the pre release or fnm. Also just not many cards that seem they will change the u/w aggro deck dominance, we get a possible (but prolly not) w/b tokens deck but it doesn't have anything township doesn't have to beat delver or wolf run. meanwhile u/w humans looks like it might just dominant the meta with champion of the parish into gather the townsfolk.

overall i say hte set is less awesome then Inn was...and well i didn't like Inn all that much...

oh btw Inn final metagame update as of last weekend (final weekend)
top 8:
premier event # 1 - 6 u/w delver ; 1 u/w humans; 1 u/w illusions

premier event # 2 - 6 u/w delver; 2 u/w humans

yay...for a diverse metagame that everyone thinks we are in lolz
Jason-admin
Jason-admin
Admin

https://mtgkings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pwner1 Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:19 pm

The value seems weird but I think that the day scars block rotates out we'll see people wishing they had hung onto some of these cards or bought a box of them now. There's a lot of good rares and uncommons in this set that will likely see play in the fall. Not to mention the ones that will already see play - there are 20-30 off the top of my head that are tier1 playable - just most of them happen to be common and uncommon.

pwner1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down