Mtg@Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post for Nate and Kenny....

+2
Andy
AngryJason
6 posters

Go down

Post for Nate and Kenny.... Empty Post for Nate and Kenny....

Post  AngryJason Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Other people are more than welcome to post responses too... I just know that Kenny and Nate are familiar with the deck.
So first of all i want any input as to what colors my pod deck should be, you know advantages/disadvantages, and what cards would be used in what cmc slots i think you guys in advance.

here's my list so far.

Creatures
1cmc
4x Bop
3x avacyn's pilgrim. the 1/1 that makes W

2cmc
2x Viridian Emissary
2x Phantasmal Image (boss)

3cmc
2x blade splicer
1x scarab reunator

4cmc
2x Solemn Simulacrum
2x Phyrexian metamorph
1x Thrun

5cmc
3x acidic slime
1x archon of Justice

6cmc
1x sun titan
1x Wurmcoil

7cmc
1xElishNor (gg)

other spells
4x birthing pod
4x ponder
2x dismember
1x o-ring

Land
8x Forest
4x Hinterland harbor
4x razorverge thicket
4x seachrome coast
1x plains 1x island

Ok so my thoughts on it are; i feel like i don't have enough 2 or 3 drop guys not sure though, dismember hasn't done much for me so far neither the singleton o-ring, also 3 acidic slimes seems like to many. I feel like i need another sun titan in there somewhere i'm not sure in frost is worth a damn but if i scrap 2x dismember 1 o-ring and a slime that gives me some room to try new stuff. But i don't know what to put in those 4 slots. Also the mana base seems clunky to me so far i think im gonna drop 2 forests for an island and a plains

anyway any thoughts or ideas are much appreciated also lets not for get to talk about pod variants really interested to hear what you guys think

PS ONE TRIBE YA'LL

AngryJason
AngryJason

Back to top Go down

Post for Nate and Kenny.... Empty Re: Post for Nate and Kenny....

Post  Andy Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Three Acidic slimes is not to many. If anything its to little. Its one of your only control cards so much utility this card offers. It does so much and you can fetch with B-pod its a great card. Cool
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post for Nate and Kenny.... Empty update

Post  Jason-admin Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:59 am

Alright, i've been following the starcity open all day to try and get a idea of the meta to prep for. couple thoughts thou first:
1. this meta is super undefiend, as long as you have a plan and can excute it - you will win

2. u/w aggro, mono red, wolf run red, and solar flare seem to make up the top decks

3. decks atm are super mana specific intensive.

new list for bant pod (rug is the only other varient that made a top apperence)
creatures: 29
1 cc:
4 birds of paradise
2 avacyn's pilgrim

2cc:
2 phantasmal image
4 virdian emisiarry

3cc:
1 skaab ruininator
2 fiend hunter
1 syvolk replicator

4cc:
1 stonehorn digintary
2 phrexian metamorph
2 solemn simulcrum
1 Thurn

5 cc:
2 acidic slime
1 archon of justice

6 cc
1 wurmcoil engine
1 sun titan
1 Frost titan

7cc:
1 Elesh norn, Grand Celebrite

8 spells:
4 Birthing Pod
4 Ponder

23 lands:
6 forests
2 plains
2 islands
4 hinterland harbor
4 razorverge thicket
3 seacrome coast
2 sunpetal grove
Jason-admin
Jason-admin
Admin

https://mtgkings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:00 pm

I like the list a lot! I agree with Andy, though. Acidic Slime is one of the better cards you can be running right now. A lot of the decks I have been seeing are very susceptible to land destruction. A deathtouch creature and added utility of being able to hit Artifacts and Enchantments (Tempered Steel, what?) is great. I would look at playing three. Razor Hippogriff is another really good card at your 5cc slot, as many decks will try to kill your Pod. Maybe cut Archon for those...although I am unfamiliar with the effectiveness of the Archon. What do you think? Could it be cut?

With regards to your early drops, I like the list posted above. Viridian Emissary is really good in the deck. Phantasmal Image is a must for sure. Spellskite is also definitely worth considering. I think those are pretty much your best bets when it comes to the 2cc slot. Maybe a nod to Leonin Relic-Warder?

The 3cc slot has a lot of cool options! I am a huge fan of Fiend Hunter. Ruinator is amazing as well, but I think it is best to leave it at one. I had initially thought it would be sick in multiples, but upon closer inspection, it seems one is the correct number there. Sylvok Replica is really good. It is a must for the mirror, and it helps vs Tempered Steel and any Blade deck variants.

When it comes to other spells in the deck, Ponder is really the only thing you want. It is really good, as you have many shuffle effects due to the Pod itself. Other than that, Dismember and Oblivion Ring could be on your sideboard if you want, but I don't think they do too much for you main decked.

I hope this helps! Did I miss anything?
Nate
Nate

https://www.facebook.com/nate.polson1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Slime is going to be one of the best, if not the best, cards in your deck. The slime is almost always going to be a 2 for 1, and in most cases better than that as he becomes a target for your phantasmal images. Another creature worth noting is Frost Titan, as he is insanely good. He, in conjunction with your phantasmal images, can control a board better than most out there. He is among other things a 6/6 body that you can get out as early as turn four, and if you slime pod into him you've just shut down two lands on turn four. So, even if your opponent has landed all their land drops you still have them at 2/4. Scaab ruinator is going to be a card I'm running at least one of, maybe a second in the board. He is a 3 drop, but more than likely ends up filling the role of 5 or higher since you need three in the bin to drop him. Archon of Justice is money because he is one of your few outs to planeswalkers earlier on. Again he is at least a 2 for 1, and pod lists are all about value. Fiend Hunter is a notable and I may be running 2-3 in my 3 drop spot. My only hesitation with him is he stops the ladder, so you have to have multiple chains going, or you have to have a 4 drop in hand to continue albeit a turn later. That's a little bit of my tanking on the subject!
P.S Geist of Saint Traft is pretty sick and very much worth looking into for more aggressive match-ups.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Slime, Slime, Slime, Slime, Slime, Slime, Slime, Slime, did i forget to mention Slime. Cool
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:10 am

I heard Slime is good.
Nate
Nate

https://www.facebook.com/nate.polson1

Back to top Go down

Post  Chad Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:46 pm

I also hear Elesh is like DERRRPGGEREUDEUEF

Chad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum