Mtg@Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi-Ya Naya Pod

4 posters

Go down

Hi-Ya Naya Pod Empty Hi-Ya Naya Pod

Post  Kenny Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:52 am

MAIN DECK

2 Acidic Slime
1 Archon of Justice
3 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Birds of Paradise
3 Blade Splicer
1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
2 Fiend Hunter
1 Geist-Honored Monk
1 Hollowhenge Scavenger
1 Inferno Titan
1 Mausoleum Guard
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
3 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Sun Titan
3 Viridian Emissary
1 Wurmcoil Engine
Creatures [29]

2 Ancient Grudge
2 Arc Trail
4 Birthing Pod
Spells [8]

4 Copperline Gorge
3 Forest
2 Gavony Township
4 Mountain
2 Plains
4 Razorverge Thicket
2 Rootbound Crag
2 Sunpetal Grove
Lands [23]

SIDEBOARD
2 Acidic Slime
1 Ancient Grudge
2 Arc Trail
1 Fiend Hunter
1 Inferno Titan
2 Celestial Purge
2 Gideon Jura
2 Mayor of Avabruck
2 Phyrexian Metamorph

So this is a version of Pod that I feel is pretty under represented. It's all the positive aspects of Bant with a very strong aggro curve and answers to aggro decks and burning vengeance that Bant simply doesn't supply. It's a little more in your face and it's not always going to come out over Bant pod, but it holds it's own all the same. It has reach like all pod lists, but the most notable card I feel is Ancient Grudge, as it allows you to take out lashwrithe. Most decks bend over to Elesh Norn, but getting to her can be tricky sometimes.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Hi-Ya Naya Pod Empty Re: Hi-Ya Naya Pod

Post  PurplePimple Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:09 pm

I like it, Giest is a beast. I would add another slime. Slime effs up every deck. shuts down wolfrun. says eff you to any white deck with o'rings and screws decks with artifacts.
PurplePimple
PurplePimple

Back to top Go down

Post  AngryJason Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:54 pm

why do you feel like this gives you and edge over burning vengeance? i don't feel like its a bad match up for bant anyways...
AngryJason
AngryJason

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:00 pm

I've had both my losses for the past two weeks be to burning vengeance. I can't out aggro it. The deck basically keeps you off pod, kills your chains with sever the bloodline, and has counters for everything else. I do normally go 1-2 because if I can get out hero of bladehold it's generally gg. It's the only match up I have any problems with, and the blue doesn't add a whole lot, because more often than not Venser (whom I love) doesn't get to go off due to any number of instances. The red adds some reach and more answers for mbi, which can give me some trouble due to lashwrithe and lack of removal for it, or it's suitors. I've noticed the red and the ability to go straight for the red zone make pod seem a little more dangerous. Only time will tell though!
Also, I've noticed that while slime is a very valuable asset to any pod list it feels awkward having more than one in any hand at any time. So having two main and one to two board seems right to me. Especially if I'm not running Venser or phantasmal image. I could be way off with this deck list. I felt it would be worth a shot with my meta in any event.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post  AngryJason Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:02 pm

don't get me wrong i like the list i just haven't had problems with it playing against it withmy bant list slime deals with vengeance and also lashwrith. Also did you play sylvok replica in your bant list it's also most a must cuase its recursive o rind killer with sun titan and shines ok in this match up as well i dunno i don't approach this match as the beat down mostly as the control which is rearly the cause most of the time im playing as the beatdown alot of list i see are burn light and really rely on vengence so i just shoot it and it become alot easier idk i like list though i love arc trail sooo good
AngryJason
AngryJason

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:07 pm

Maybe it's just the player? He plays a 4 color burning vengeance and knocks me out of top four every week. He slag storms for huge value, has 9 different hate cards for my artifacts, and keeps me on one creature all the time between geist flame, doomblade, and slag. His deck runs very well against mine, and with this very limited exception I would still play Bant 9 times out of 10. I love Bant, but the Naya seems like it has potential to play very well and at the very least have the shock factor that people get when they see a new list. Sylvok and Slimes are my mvps though! Don't get me wrong. I love being able to Venser slimes and image that same turn for 3 land disruption in two turns. That happening on like turn 4 is the nuts. Also, I know what you're saying with playing control. I feel like half my matches or more feel like I'm playing U/W control.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason-admin Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:26 am

key to beating vengence isn't messing your deck, just make sure to clear our any burning vengence and i don't evan think there deck can do enough dmg without it to accually kill you....counters, slimes, replicas, naturalize (this card needs more credit), and demystify. should all provide enough ways to kill the vengence, and if you need it side in tree of redemption to gain some life back or peace strider.

Andrew and I playtested with Burning Vengence and came to the conclusion it had no reach, basically was a bad RDW.
Jason-admin
Jason-admin
Admin

https://mtgkings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum