Mtg@Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squishing and Smashing

4 posters

Go down

Squishing and Smashing Empty Squishing and Smashing

Post  Kenny Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:23 pm

1cc
1 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Birds of Paradise
2cc
3 Viridian Emissary
3cc
2 Blade Splicer
1 Dungrove Elder
1 Mirran Crusader
4cc
3 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
5cc
2 Acidic Slime
1 Archon of Justice
6cc
2 Primeval Titan
1 Sun Titan
1 Wurmcoil Engine
7cc
1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Creatures [24]

1 Garruk Relentless
2 Garruk, Primal Hunter
Planeswalkers [3]

3 Birthing Pod
3 Oblivion Ring
1 Green Sun's Zenith
2 Beast Within
Spells [9]

8 Forest
2 Inkmoth Nexus
2 Kessig Wolf Run
3 Plains
2 Copperline Gorge
4 Razorverge Thicket
4 Sunpetal Grove
Lands [24]

What do you guys think? I'm trying really hard to find a pod variant I enjoy playing, and this comes pretty close to what I feel is balanced against most of the meta.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Squishing and Smashing Empty Re: Squishing and Smashing

Post  Andy Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:27 pm

I like mirrian crusader but wouldn't two Dungrove Elder's be better. Mirrian should go in sideboard. The Dungrove seems to be more of threat against most decks. While crusader's a really good card he is easy to answer. Other than that the deck looks real good. Cool
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason-admin Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:48 pm

Dungrove seems week imo, running 8 forests your avg rate would only be like 3-4 forests by the end of a game, and a 3/3 or 4/4 hex proof vanilla creature isn't that threatening, and he has no evasion. mirran crusader is way better, basically has hex proof in this meta, is good vs. most tier 1 and tier 2 deck, only exception being RDW (this case grove would be better), the crusader has evasion in the form of protection. you could always lower your curve and include things like hero of bladehold. Without playing the deck it doesn't seem focused enough to either out aggro or out control any deck. i generally like the idea of naya/ramp pod being more aggressive than the other pod variants.
Jason-admin
Jason-admin
Admin

https://mtgkings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Dungrove is not a week card its good early and late. I agree the evasion is really good. Everything that kills mirran doesn't kill dungrove. Plus even at a 3/3 or 4/4 the card is still a threat and it only gets stronger. Again mirran is a great card its just for this build i think when Kenny pods he wants more board presence over evasion. Cool
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm currently just kinda feeling it out, as with all pod decks the curve and tempo of the deck can't really be decided til you run it about 100 times. I really do appreciate the feedback though! The Dungrove and Mirran Crusader both start main board to fulfill the "Toolbox" mentality of the deck. If it's looking like I need to establish a threat early and am light on green vs. a random black match up then Crusader will obviously be my drop, while against rdw or some other removal variant Dungrove could be much better depending on my land drops. He may not even make the deck, just spitballing as it were. I'm looking to add Hero of Bladehold at least as a one drop cause she's amazing, and the curve may turn into Mausoleum Guard to Geist Honored Monk since it's such a strong combo play. Again, thanks for the feedback! I love to hear what other players think of the deck!
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post  AngryJason Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:46 pm

have you tried overrun for your G/R deck?
AngryJason
AngryJason

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:56 pm

!!!!!! No! Woah rocked my world, going to add it now!
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum