Mtg@Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goblins or an aggro by any other name

2 posters

Go down

Goblins or an aggro by any other name Empty Goblins or an aggro by any other name

Post  Kenny Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:48 am

Creatures (28)
4 Goblin Chieftain
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Spikeshot Elder
4 Warren Instigator
4 Goblin Wardriver
4 Ember Hauler
4 Signal Pest

Spells (12)
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Arc Trail
2 Forked Bolt
2 Searing Blaze

Lands (20)
4 Contested Warzone
3 Teetering Peaks
13 Mountain

The other option is to drop a few of the goblins, and run a rebirth/artifact package. It'd be slower than moxblins, but I feel like it would have a higher staying power. Popping a rebirth for three 2/2s with haste isn't such a bad thing either.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Goblins or an aggro by any other name Empty Re: Goblins or an aggro by any other name

Post  Nate Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:10 pm

i like the addition of the instigator. i think this deck looks pretty cool man and adding the kuldotha package could make it have more of and explosive start! but...in order to fully utilize it you will have to run far more artifacts which could hurt your goblin synergy.
Nate
Nate

https://www.facebook.com/nate.polson1

Back to top Go down

Goblins or an aggro by any other name Empty Re: Goblins or an aggro by any other name

Post  Kenny Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:44 am

Yeah I thought about running the kuldotha package, but I would need mox opal first! Sad
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Thinking of dropping the Signal Pests. Been play testing, and the instigators are making amazing things happen. Talking swinging with the crew on turn 4 for 20+ damage with goblins. Here's my current list:

Creatures (32)
Spikeshot Elder x4
Goblin Wardriver x4
Goblin Bushwacker x4
Goblin Guide x4
Goblin Chieftain x4
Warren Instigator x4
Signal Pest x4
Ember Hauler x2
Hero of Oxid Ridge x2

Spells ( 8 )
Lightning Bolt x4
Arc Trail x4

Lands (20)
Scalding Tarn x1
Arid Mesa x2
Contested Warzone x2
Teetering Peaks x4
Mountain x11

My initial thought is to drop the Pests for burn, so I can have better board control to keep my goblins swinging. Forked Bolt seems to be a pretty solid option against the other aggro we have in our meta, as well as cawblade etc etc. The heroes may seem out of place but turn 4 with a board of 5 goblins all getting battle cry from a wardriver and +1/+1 from a chieftain makes for a pretty neat swing in(+3/+1 with instigators rocking double strike), as well as avoiding walls and the ever present Squad Hawk/Stoneforge. I also dropped down to two warzones, because I hate having them in my opening hand most of the time, however they can be useful towards turn 3-4. But as always I'm up to suggestions, and feedback is a wonderful thing! Very Happy

P.S Sideboard is definitely going to be running unstable footing so I can destroy anything pro red, as that seems to be the biggest hold up.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:52 pm

i like! i like. looks way fun to play. if anything i would drop the ember haulers for more heros or koth. as you will be tapping out for the most part, ember hauler will only be holding you back i feel. but its up to you. i havent played goblins too much!

as for sideboard i feel perilous myr is your best bet against pro red. other than that red leyline works wonders as well against those pesky fire walkers. hope that helps! i hope to see this friday!
Nate
Nate

https://www.facebook.com/nate.polson1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:48 am

I may drop Ember Hauler for Blackcleave Goblin! Warren Instigator can play it for free! I could drop both heroes, and add Koth plus three of the black cleavers! Har!
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum