Mtg@Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red/Green Land Destruction

2 posters

Go down

Red/Green Land Destruction Empty Red/Green Land Destruction

Post  Rusch Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:50 pm

After playing with Jason I think I have a solid build. Even though Jason was cursed to see no board removal, my draws have been consistant against a few top tier decks, works pretty well. Tell me what you think, or let's play test us soon!

Creatures: 14
1 Precursor Golem
1 Inferno Titan
1 Triskelion
2 Thrun, the Last Troll
3 Kuldotha Phoenix
3 Goblin Ruinblaster
3 Acidic Slime

Noncreature: 23
1 Rachet Bomb
2 Mox Opal
2 Contagion Clasp
2 Sphere of the Suns
4 Tumble Magnet
4 Galvanic Blast
4 Everflowing Chalice
4 Demolish

Lands: 23
4 Rootbound Crag
4 r/g Aggro Land
8 Mountain
7 Forests

Notes:
-Dropped birds and cobra because they are too sensitive to removal and the artifacts excel well without them and let you abuse Pheonix. If it had cobras I might as well just play Valakut.

-Triskelion has some synergy with metalcraft and contagion clasp. He essentially does the same thing as another inferno titan, just at a way worse value.

-Contagion clasp allows you to out-use your opponents tumble magnets with your own, securing damage really well.

-Demolish gets a big prize for blowing up swords, and all the manlands<3. Just outcompetes Rolling Terrain, especially because you cannot redirect damage to any planeswalkers.

-Tried Koth, he clashes with your LD spells and you cant protect him if you try to accelerate, Kuldotha Phoenix essentailly does more for you anyways.

-The r/g Manlands were not very good in the deck, phoenix should be a strong enough win condition, and your acceleration might fail while trying to blow up some lands if you drop a manland and dont have access to the mana for acidic slime. It just improves tempo overall.
Rusch
Rusch

Back to top Go down

Red/Green Land Destruction Empty Re: Red/Green Land Destruction

Post  Nate Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:56 pm

this looks really cool man. ive always liked LD sort of decks! but im curious as to why triskilion is in the deck....does his synergies out weigh just adding another inferno titan?
Nate
Nate

https://www.facebook.com/nate.polson1

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusch Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Nate wrote:this looks really cool man. ive always liked LD sort of decks! but im curious as to why triskilion is in the deck....does his synergies out weigh just adding another inferno titan?

Well to be honest he's like inferno titan in the sense that if you drop him, you're likely in board control. He also avoids some of the common removal spells just being an artifact. The downside being not dealing a ton of damage every turn is rather outweighed by the fact that he may just be the artifact you need to recur phoenix. A phoenix every turn pretty much 1-ups many of the creatures in the format. That being said removing the titan for two triskelion may not provide you enough damage on its own, if you drew both rather than drawing a triskelion and an inferno titan.

Also just to note Precursor golem has been amazing the past few days of play testing, he forces metalcraft as well as makes tumble magnet even more useless. I'm pretty positive this deck does really well against any deck that uses tumble magnet.

-Edit: Another thing I noticed is all the current common removal in the format proves pretty useless. Lighting Bolts, and Arc trails generally hit things I use as more of an attacker that already gave some sort of value (Ruinblaster / Acidic slime), so trading for another card seems pretty good. Phoenix is too tough for most decks to deal with, he's easily the best win condition in this deck.
Rusch
Rusch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down