Mtg@Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UB Tezzeret suggestions??

3 posters

Go down

UB Tezzeret suggestions?? Empty UB Tezzeret suggestions??

Post  slick_mickers Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:46 am

Hey guys, its been forever since ive gone to the shop! Im workin on this Tezz deck and im just posting it here to get some feedback. My budget is pretty low considering i traded for the more pricey things on this list so its obvious that i should have 4x tezz.

1 Myr Battlesphere
2 Phyrexian Metamorph
2 Spellskite
4 Vault Skirge
1 Wurmcoil Engine

3 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

3 Contagion Clasp
3 Dismember
1 Elixir of Immortality
3 Go for the Throat
2 Mox Opal
2 Mycosynth Wellspring
4 Ponder
4 Sphere of the Suns
4 Tumble Magnet

1 Creeping Tar Pit
4 Darkslick Shores
4 Drowned Catacomb
4 Island
1 Misty Rainforest
2 Scalding Tarn
4 Swamp
2 Terramorphic Expanse

SIDEBOARD
1 Argent Sphinx
1 Black Sun's Zenith
2 Flashfreeze
2 Life's Finale
1 Memoricide
1 Mindslaver
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
3 Pyroclasm
1 Slagstorm
1 Spellskite
1 Wurmcoil Engine
slick_mickers
slick_mickers

http://www.twitter.com/slickmickers

Back to top Go down

UB Tezzeret suggestions?? Empty Re: UB Tezzeret suggestions??

Post  Nate Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:12 am

Cool list, man! I love Tezzeret decks. Haha

Just a few suggestions/questions.
Mycosynth Wellspring....it seems sub-par almost. Would Solemn Simulacrum or even something like Everyflowing Chalice be better? What was your reasoning for including it?

I think 3 Contagion Clasp is too much. Drawing more than one is usually really awkward for a deck like that, and since you run four Ponder, I think you could get away with running one or two.

Do you think Mindslaver has a place in the 75 somewhere? I personally find it a powerful tool.

What about Trinket/Treasure Mage?

If you have the budget for it, Inkmoth Nexus is an awesome tool for Tezzeret to take advantage of.

On your sideboard I noticed Pyroclasm and Slagstorm, but with no red-producing lands, are you relying solely on your Spheres and Moxes? That doesn't seem like a safe bet to me...I mean it is cool super secret tech to have red cards boarded in to a UB list, but make sure the deck can support it! Unless you are seeing enough of those artifacts to make it consistent and timely...what are your thoughts on that?

Other than that, this looks cool! Have you done any play-testing with it? If so how did it do against what?
Nate
Nate

https://www.facebook.com/nate.polson1

Back to top Go down

Post  slick_mickers Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Thank Nate!

I'm trying to keep the deck as close to the edge of standard as possible. I dont want like all the important tools rolling out when Innistrad hits. I have the wellspring for the purpose of a colorless rampant growth or 2cmc possible 5/5 viridian emmisary.

i have been thinking of cutting a clasp out for the exact reasons.

Mindslaver is in the SB, i have never been able to use it to its full potential because i usually could spend that time finishing off the opponent with a few 5/5 flying, lifelink vault skirge's or using Tezz's ulti.

i like the fetch/deck thinning with the blue mages but i think that they wouldnt fit too good considering that there's not too much to fetch with em.

i have been wanting to get some inkmoths but no one in town is willing to trade theirs and i havent got the cash to drop for them.

i get the same reactions when others check out the board haha, my consistency of metalcraft stays throughout the whole game starting from turn two. Whenever i side them in, i am able to use them when needed.

Ive been play testing against: Venser decks are incredibly annoying and go for too long, this is usually when the deck gets strained and has a hard time keeping up. G/W birthing pod is a decent match, whenever i catch some advantage the game usually ends in my favor. R/G aggro doesn't come near a win. Splinter exarch is intense but spellskite usually backs me up. It holds itself pretty good against them all, Ive learned that it stalls for an insane amount of time. i feel like its missing an alternate win when im running low on tools and its late game.
slick_mickers
slick_mickers

Back to top Go down

UB Tezzeret suggestions?? Empty I like the Deck.

Post  Andy Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:37 pm

This build is really cool. I want to try this out. Let me know how it runs. Cool
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  slick_mickers Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:03 am

okay, so after playing more control decks i realized that its not aggressive enough to beat them down, nor is it control-y enough to fight back. I made some changes and it seems significantly better.

1 Myr Battlesphere
2 Phyrexian Metamorph
2 Spellskite
4 Vault Skirge
1 Wurmcoil Engine
2 Darksteel Juggernaut
1 Phyrexian Obliterator

3 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

2 Contagion Clasp
2 Mana leak
4 Stoic Rebuttal
2 Mox Opal
2 Mycosynth Wellspring
4 Ponder
4 Sphere of the Suns
4 Tumble Magnet

1 Creeping Tar Pit
4 Darkslick Shores
4 Drowned Catacomb
4 Island
1 Misty Rainforest
2 Scalding Tarn
4 Swamp
1 Terramorphic Expanse

SIDEBOARD
1 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Black Sun's Zenith
1 Memoricide
1 Mindslaver
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Pyroclasm
1 Slagstorm
1 Spellskite
3 Go for the throat
3 dismember
1 elixir of immortality

slick_mickers
slick_mickers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down