Mtg@Kings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

u/w delver ya?

4 posters

Go down

u/w delver ya? Empty u/w delver ya?

Post  Jason-admin Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:31 pm

what do u guys think of u/w delver? i've only play vs. it once, but it seems really good in this new tempo meta game.

u/w delver:

18 creatures:
4 delver of secrets
4 snapcaster mage
3 geist of saint taft
4 phantasmal bear
3 phantasmal image

22 spells:
4 gitaxian probe
4 mana leak
4 vapor snag
3 gut shot
4 ponder
3 midnight haunting

lands:
4 seacrome coast
4 glacial fortress
3 moorland haunt
9 island
Jason-admin
Jason-admin
Admin

https://mtgkings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

u/w delver ya? Empty Re: u/w delver ya?

Post  AngryJason Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:43 pm

i would still play lord it help your starting hand variance, and sometime just wins. It's also good against RDW and prevent WWR from xing your dudes into oblivion. I also belive 3 geits and 3 haunting is a tad greedy one geist is taxing on your mana base for the cost and the color, i mean i see what your doing your trying to flip delver more consistently but i don't think its needed.... i'm pretty sure your gonna disagree but play the 20 20 20 version maybe 19 creatures... but i wouldn't

my List on MWS

4 Delver
4 Bear (rar)
3 lord
3 image
2 geist
4 snaps(oh snap)

4 probe
4 ponder (hmmm)
4 Leak
4 Vapor snag
3 gut shot
i was playing 2 hauntings (just wanna grow my e pein a bit i pioneered that tech glad to see people finally agree lol) since MBI is less abundent i think it's less good still very aggro so i wouldn't put it past anyone to play them but i've actually switched to
2 Negate(duhn duhn duuuhhhhhhnnnnn)

my thoughts

one tribe ya'll i miss you guys and i miss the game i hate being a grown up
AngryJason
AngryJason

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:21 am

Dude! It's been forever. We need to get a time together just to game it up a bit, even if it isn't Friday.

SRS time though. Lord of the Unreal is really bad. Well....not terrible, but not worth running. In the mirror, he is the worst card you can play, and against a lot of other decks, he is not a very threatening creature. Honestly, Midnight Haunting is where it is at. It works with Delver and Snapcaster, and it helps you recover off of sweepers better.

I almost want to take this in a more permission directions. What do you guys think of cutting the Probes and maybe the Bears for a bunch of counter magic?
Nate
Nate

https://www.facebook.com/nate.polson1

Back to top Go down

Post  AngryJason Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:49 am

ok i agree but.... 5 mana is tough on 20 lands if you hold your snaps that late you losing a bit of value. I agree about lord being not the best card but it's still a big deal when you go t1 bear t2 lord i mean unopposed thats eight damage turn 3, also it's not as good as you'd think in the mirror cause they can copy it. but maybe im just suborn cause most of the time im never happy to rip one off the top. I have seen a list that was more contoroly i ran like o-ring and some other junk probably think twice and more counters... i can't find a list right now though but if you look i'm sure you could find it.
AngryJason
AngryJason

Back to top Go down

Post  pwner1 Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Jason how are you liking the u/w mageblade tempo deck?

What do you find to be your biggest problems and strengths with it?

I haven't had any time lately to play or do much of anything and was just curious how you like it.

pwner1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down